There is a somewhat direct bus from my house to the far eastern section of the beach, but the journey takes about 40 minutes coz the bus goes around another neighbourhood before passing by the edge of waikiki. I reckon if I got off the bus at a certain stop and walked towards the beach i could have gotten there earlier.
Visited the central waikiki beach area. This is THE place for tourists who come to Hawai'i. There are many hotels, shopping centers, in the area, and the staff are very nice. I like the atmosphere there.
When i got off the bus, i had an even closer view of Diamond Head, the volcanic crater that I can see from my house!

Oh and they have many stoned people and erm, seal lions in the area. I guess it's just some pieces of art on display, and ali-san, the garlands you see hanging around the necks of the stoned figures are called lei!
And they have these wooden surfboards around that tell the history of the place, certain key figures of the past and what have you.
Waikiki beach is quite a nice place to relax... just get yourself a beach mat for a dollar and just lie on it ...



